As part of the Buros' ongoing efforts to improve the science and practice of testing, we present this series of guides and lessons to support the appropriate use and selection of tests.
Guides for Using Buros Publications: MMY, TIP & PPE
Lessons on appropriate use and selection of tests
Buros-Nebraska Series on Measurement and Testing
The Buros-Nebraska Series provides an overview of thinking and trends affecting measurement. Each volume in the series focuses on a topic within the assessment field. Individual chapters are authored by noted professionals and address issues relevant to that area. Together the volumes provide unique insight and perspective not found in any other publication or series.
Complete volumes and individual chapters are available digitally in University of Nebraska-Lincoln DigitalCommons.
Click here to access the entire series, or click individual titles below to access a specific volume.
- Issues in the Measurement of Metacognition
Edited by Gregory Schraw and James C. Impara, 2000.
- Multicultural Assessment in Counseling and Clinical Psychology
Edited by Gargi Roysircar Sodowsky and James C. Impara, 1996.
- Licensure Testing: Purposes, Procedures, and Practices
Edited by James C. Impara, 1995.
- Family Assessment
Edited by Jane Close Conoley and Elaine Werth, 1995.
- Teacher Training in Measurement and Assessment Skills
Edited by Steven L. Wise, 1993.
- Curriculum-Based Measurement
Edited by Jack J. Kramer, 1993.
- Assessment of Teaching: Purposes, Practices, and Implications for the Profession
Edited by James V. Mitchell, Jr., Steven L. Wise, and Barbara S. Plake, 1990.
- The Influence of Cognitive Psychology on Testing
Edited by Royce B. Ronning, John A. Glover, Jane C. Conoley, and Joseph C. Witt, 1987.
- Computers & the Decision-Making Process
Edited by Terry B. Gutkin and Steven L. Wise, 1986.
- Social and Technical Issues in Testing: Implications for Test Construction and Usage
Edited by Barbara S. Plake, 1984.
- The Future of Testing
Edited by Barbara S. Plake and Joseph C. Witt, 1983.