Buros offers independent psychometric research to help contribute to your programs’ validity evidence. Some of the services we offer and have recently conducted are listed below.
- Alignment studies: evaluating content and cognitive alignment of test items with the objectives of the test (educational, licensure, or certification).
- Standard setting: establishing cut scores for licensure, certification, and education.
- Job/practice analysis: defining the knowledge, skills, and judgments for a profession.
- Validation: evaluating test score data for evidence of construct validity.
- Reliability: evaluating test score consistency and stability as well as the accuracy of classification decisions made on the basis of test scores.